why do i feel so bad?

I've been a single stay at home mom for a year thanks to my mom, and the financial support i get from the state. Well in a few weeks i'm going to be working nights from 5pm-2am, and am very excited to be going to work, but i feel bad for leaving my son home with my mom. He's going to be in bed by the time i get home. I just feel like i'm going to miss out on so much. I need to work because we need the money. I feel like i'm going to be a bad mom for not being there for him when he needs me. Is it normal to feel like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Now is the time to take advantage of the situation and get a head of the game. You have your mom whom you trust to take care of your son. Do what you have to do in gaining financial independence. Work for your son's future and well being next few years. 

He'll be just fine.  ...pads on the back...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I hear it is very normal to feel this way! A lot of my friends are in the same boat or some just want a job for sanity. You aren't doing anything wrong and will actually be more beneficial to your son in the long run! Yes, it is hard to leave them after being with them like this for so long... knowing nobody can replace you! One day, you can get a job where you can work during his school hours and be able to put him to bed once again, but for now it is required that you have your special time with him when he wakes up or during the day. GL to you!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You should feel proud for trying to get off of public assistance and setting a great example for your son! Now it is time to starting going back to school so you and your son can be fully independent.

Good luck!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Seperation anxiety is normal.

I gotto hand it to you, I couldn't dealw ith it. I feel God has chosen my job to be mother first.

Thats why its so important for families to have mom and dads.

But not everything plans out perfect for everyone.

Congrats on our job, hang in there. You have the opportunity now to make more choices about family time(such as looking for a career you can do from home). But you'll need to support and family until then.

Congrats gain.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:41 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yes, it's VERY normal. I am a stay at home mom to my now 2 year old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• So what the heck is your problem? I mean seriously.. there are single mothers of multiple children out there who have to work and pay daycare... where is the justice? You are receiving FREE childcare and working and complaining. YOU are what is wrong with this world today. SPOILED brats who don't think they need to work because they had children. WELL did you know that women many years ago... gave birth in the fields and continued working..>>> WHERE WAS THEIR STATE ASSISTANCE??? Give me a break.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Your child will be fine you are the one that will be upset. We all do what we have to so we are self sufficient. I think many more could benefit by working the hours you are for their own families. It will be fine and this will not be forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I work 9 hour days, not just when my son is sleeping. You will be there in the morning and most of the day, he could be a lot worse off!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Good for you for going back to work to help your family get what it needs. Take comfort in the fact that your son will be with his Grandma, rather than having to pay for daycare. You will be a much happier Mommy and have more self confidence when you return to work, you are certainly not a bad mom for working! Best of luck!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 1:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009