Having 3 teeth pulled won't be THAT bad will it?

I'll be under conscious sedation tomorrow as I have 3 broken teeth pulled out so I can get a bridge in a few months.

I know I'll be a little loopy from the sedation and will be given pain meds to take at home, but truly, how long will the pain last and what can I expect when it is all said and done?

I'm thinking I'll be up and about on Friday, ready to go about my day as normal, but my husband thinks differently.

What do you think?

BTW - they are getting pulled from repeated infections and we just don't have the thousands of dollars for root canals on the two teeth that can withstand it. A bridge seems to be the sensible, and affordable, choice.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 5:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Health

• I had 9 teeth pulled all at the same time and the next day I wasnt taking any med's. It really depends on your Dr's skill level at removing the teeth, where they are located and your level of pain threshold. Some people handle teeth pulling well, while others take pain med's for a week. Try not to stress over it as that will effect how you feel afterwards. Good luck.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• its not that bad actually...my husband had six pulled...four wisdom and two bad teeth...he was sedated too and was given a perscription for pain...he never needed the perscription and by that night he said he felt perfectly fine....I on the other had have had two teeth pulled, i wasnt sedated...but even then it STILL wasnt too bad, i didnt need the pain meds either..ibuprofen worked good enough....but be careful of something called dry sockets...your gums can form scabs...dont drink through a straw for the first day or two or it can pull at the scabs and hurt LIKE A BASTARD!!!!! also if you do form scabs (most people dont) put a moist teabag on the gum and hold it in place...tea bags have a medicinal property and help scabs...hope this info helps some!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I dont know I have to go in tomorrow to get 2 done :( My husband said he had 5 done and was at work the next day!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Today is the day and I'm scared as all hell. I have a huge fear of dentists and they are providing me with an all female dental staff to alleviate my fear of male dentists, which is awesome.
    They gave me Vicodin last night, which did nothing for me, and Triazolam this morning. I leave in about 20 minutes. God, I'm scared, but I'm taking all your positive stories with me and am NOT going to act like a baby.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2009