My 12 month old is not sleeping through the night...any advice?!

My daughter is 12mnths. and since she was about 4 months i have had her on a tight schedule. In bed by 10 and up by 10am...she was sleeping GREAT alllll night. Over the past couple of weeks my fiance and i have stayed up later than usual (3amish), and she wakes up almost routine now by 3 or 4 and will scream until i go and get her...I have tried giving her some milk, teething tablets, orajel, rocking her, everything to the cry it out method...She sleeps in footy pjs so i know she isn't cold or too warm. nothing seems to be working...I feel terrible letting her scream for almost two hours but I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do. please PLEASE send your advice my way!

Malorhee

Asked by Malorhee at 5:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if she is getting teeth in it may just be from the gums being sore and teething tablets or orajel, hardly helps at night, try giving her childrens motrin or tylenol before bed. My son has nights like this. At this age they may also start having nightmares so that may be the issue.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• also if you guys are staying up later than usual its possible even when you were going to bed earlier she was waking up even then...the difference is she would notice the house was quiet and go RIGHT back to sleep...now when shes waking up she can hear noises and knows your still up and doesnt want to miss out on anything...i would reccomend either turning off lights and turning down volume of anything so she doesnt know your still up...see if that works!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:03 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• How long has she been doing this? if she has been sleeping through the night until now, there has to be something bothering her. sore ears, sore throat, upset tummy ??? any of those possible. i wouldn't let her cry it out because she is needing you. just my opinion. will she be happy if you lay down with her in your bed?

my son didn't sleep through the night for a looong time but he always did go right back to sleep without too much trouble so when he was waking and then not wanting to go back to sleep, i knew there was something wrong. i let him sleep in our bed and that seemed to help. of course, i can't sleep when he's in bed, but i can't sleep while he's crying either so.... turns out he had a sore throat and ear infection.

good luck momma, hope you can solve what's wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i have tried Tylenol...she has seem to built up an immunity to it! im starting to wonder if it is because we have stayed up later and her routine is just out of wack....but today she is running a 100.9 fever with some flem!UGH
    Malorhee

Answer by Malorhee at 7:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2009