some women i tell you...

so my car broke down and i had no way to go get anything and i have no family close by due to my husband being in the military and us living so far away but anyways i asked this lady if she could run me to the px so i could get diapers for my children and she went all crazy on me and her sister started screaming at me and told me to have a litle respect since her sister just had a misscarriage i didnt know i would offend her by just asking for a ride to go get diapers but her sister said that i didnt have to mention diapers but that was what i needed to get...is this lady over reacting way to much or should i of not asked her for a ride to get diapers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I sort of think that she was overly reacting & I really dont understand why she had to take her sister along.
    Jodie269

Answer by Jodie269 at 7:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It's probably her hormones working overdrive. I wouldn't take it personally nor would I ask them for anything ever again. And no, you weren't wrong for asking for a ride unless you had some sort of smirk on your face while saying diapers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• She was over reacting. How were you suppose to know, if they didn't tell you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• They were overreacting. How did you know that>

Answer by louise2 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• She did over react. As an ex military mom I can tell you their are some people who will bend over backwards to help you and their are some who are just nasty to their neighbors. You should probably have an extra set of diapers just in case you find yourself in this situation again.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• She was overreacting, but I'll have to blame it on the hormones and grief. After my two miscarriages, the strangest things would set me off on crying jags or screaming at people. (Like being asked what I wanted for Christmas...)

Unless you were very close to these women, you had no way of knowing she had just miscarried or that your question would cause her to react that way.

Since it's hard for you to get out during the day while your DH is on duty, I would recommend stocking up on diapers and such so you don't get caught short. (You may want to write "LAST PACK" on the last thing of diapers so you know you buy more when you open it - that's how I remember to restock stuff in my house.)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2009