ok one more question about being induced...what do you think the chances are of my dr inducing me since my husband has drill the weekend im due and i live 6 hours away from friends and family his drill is where they live so i will be all by myself

(my husbands dril= weekend work for the national guard he cant get out of unless its an emergency and if i do happen to go into labor while he is gone it would take him a good 6 hours to even get back home...)
i really want my mom and husband to be aorund the first couple of weeks to help me out.. im a new mom im scared and i know im gonna need a little rest.. we jost moved so i have NO friends or family for six hours and im scared that all my help and support is so far away... do you think its safe to be induced at 38 weeks? and do you think my reasoning is even a good enough reason to be induced.....if not how would you go about this? should i risk it and take the 6 hour trip with my husband? i hate the long non air conditioned trip to so cal and my parents smoke like chimneys!! only place to stay and to broke for a room... advice?? i know i could go past my edd but even mt Dr said shes doubting that right now...(cont)

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 6:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• she's doubting it because i have been showing early signs of labor since i was 32 weeks and she thingks there is a high chance i just might pop before my edd or very close to it...
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 6:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• most drs will not induce untill your at least two weeks overdue...they want to give that baby every chance possible in the womb to develop. The only times they will enduce early is in emergencies...and usually then they skip inducing and go right to csection if there is an emergency....talk to your doc though...but im sorry to say its probably not likely
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• talk to your doctor you never know but mine wasgoing to induce me cuz my family was back in ohio and im in alaska but she wasnt going to induce me till i was 39 weeks but i ended up having my daughter at 38 weeks
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 6:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Unless medically necessary i wouldn't risk an induction. They induced me at 38 weeks because they were afraid of her size, turns out, she was still 1.5 lbs smaller than they predicted BUT she landed in the NICU for 2 weeks because she wasn't done cooking yet. I'd wait it out if I were you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• There is a good chance, just talk to your doctor. Mine is inducing me so that my baby daddy and mom can be there too. I don't want to go into labor when nobody is around. I'm being induced 3 days before my due date.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• is it really worth the extra risk of c-section? or the extra chances that your baby will be distressed? if you end w/ c-section you will need lots of help for up to 6 weeks. it will be harder to hold your baby and everything.

chances are you will go into labor either before or after that weekend anyway. 37 weeks to 43 weeks is normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• "Unless medically necessary i wouldn't risk an induction. They induced me at 38 weeks because they were afraid of her size, turns out, she was still 1.5 lbs smaller than they predicted BUT she landed in the NICU for 2 weeks because she wasn't done cooking yet. I'd wait it out if I were you."

i'm so sorry you experienced that! it's so sad that doctor's are risking our babies like this by doing inductions unless absolutely necessary. :( they are the doctors, they shouldn't do it. imo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I always think we should put the baby first. So inducing would not be right. The priority is for baby to do exactly what he/she is doing, and to be born at the perfect time (that ONLY baby knows).
    Your signs for early laboring do not mean that you will labor early. You could still be pregnant at 42 weeks, of course, you know this.

What about setting up a plan for help. Like have a birth doula, she can be there with you as much as you need. Help you determine what might be "true" labor when things come into question as they often do. She can can help to get whoever *is* available to be there with you. And of course she will be there, you're never alone.

Birth is not only about making the baby, it's also about learning to be patient and respect the Bigger Picture.
    Good luck, hun!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• ookk laaddiiess i whooolllee hearidly appreciate your advice! seriously i do!!! but in my case unless hubby or someone else is here ( which no one will be) i have nooo transportation to the hospital! and this is my first baby and im pretty much scared shitless to be alone....
    im not sure what my dr is going to say but im really going to try and see what she thinks about this at my 39 week mark....
    and to those of you who do not approve of inductions thats awesome i see why but i believe after 39 weeks it should be fine.. i know "she will come out naturally" but i can not do this alone and even if i could i would chose not to i want my husband there when his daughter is born and im kinda hoping mom in law can come help me out too... but i really have a gut feeling she will be coming out on her own by 39 weeks anyhow i hope so!
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You might consider a birth doula~ you could even qualify for the free program that works with the military.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009