Why do some people can afford designer clothes but can't afford to live a better neighborhood?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Designer clothes and purses are so overrated, who cares if you are wearing Abercrombie or carrying Coach? IMO, people that pay $400 for a purse or pair of jeans are silly, but hey, I don't pay their bills.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Because it's so much easier to buy new clothes than it is to buy a new house!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Because I shop in the clearance section and look for second hand items. It's easier to spend $200 on 5-6 items than to spend $60,000-120,000 on a house
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• tj maxx, ross, marshalls, i get my son nike t shirts for $4 at those places
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I understand that there is AJ Wright, TJ Maxx and all them places. But what gets me is when I go down to FIA (I get food assistance...I have a bridge card and get $200 a month for food) and women come on with five kids wearing designer clothes, carrying Coach bags and driving Caddy's. THAT I don't understand!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 9:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• 200$ on 5-6 ITEMS? uR shopping on the wrong clearance racks if ur payin that much for 5 or 6 items lol...... This was another pointless question. just bc someone can afford a nice shirt or pants means they should live in a nicer house? come on now ur saying payring for a 30$ pair of jeans means u can pay 800 dollars in rent every month if not more?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• "200$ on 5-6 ITEMS? uR shopping on the wrong clearance racks if ur payin that much for 5 or 6 items lol"

I was leaning towards the higher price of clearance, LOL
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Crystal now that make sense! i go to dss and ppl drive NICE cars WITH RIMS.. oh government please help me i spent too much on a huge car i dont need and too much on rims that are pointless and now i cant feed my child..Yeah i hate it every time i see that i wonder how they are lying to dss! anon :02
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I was leaning towards the higher price of clearance, LOL

where do u live that ur higer priced clearance is that much lol i couldnt buy 5-6 and it be 200$ ANYWHERE here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• People spend on what matters to them... I am house over clothes but know people who are the other way around. I love my large yard and nice neighborhood- but have a friend who is OK with her smaller house/yard and not so great (not dangerous!) neighborhood. She likes buying what she wants when she wants it. We are both happy with how we live.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2009