one breast is larger than the other...

i have been breast feeding over 3 mths and about 2 weeks ago i woke up with one breast larger. i thought after her suckimg it would go down like it usually does after i breast feed. now my breast have started hurting a little (a throbbing pain). any ideas before my doctor visit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is probably an infected duct and nothing to get really worked up over. See your Dr and He/She will take care of this.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I had the same issue its infected however mine got worse so becareful. A little pain is ok but You can spike a high fever I did in the middle of the store and almost fainted. They say to wait it out 2 or 3 days and if you don't see improvement go to a dr. Heat will help the pain and even though it hurts you have to nurse as frequently as possible on that side. Its also ok if it bleeds a littls that doesnt hurt the baby. and just to let you kno once the infection was gone and the swelling went away that side is smaller and is producing less, but its finally starting to build back up. Message me if you have anymore questions :)
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I think it is common that one breast is always larger then the other. It could also be Breast Infection Mastitis I had this and it made my breast swell and hurt really bad then it got really bad my fever went to 105, and I had to be hospitalized for 2 weeks because the infection was spreading to my lungs and heart. Most times this happened in breastfeeding moms but I got it when I wasnt even pregnant it was from a nipple pericing gone wrong. Here is a link for more information on it. http://www.emedicinehealth.com/breast_infection/article_em.htm
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2009