Am I the only one that thinks this is too little, too late?

They want McChrystal to testify before Congress now about the tactics in Afganistan. If we need a surge of troops now, why was this man not testifying to what our troops need in Afganistan months ago!

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 9:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He has..... In fact he hasn't been in very long and it takes time to see how new strategies are working.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20090713/OPINION02/907130305/1061

He said it was winnable but they needed a change because some things haven't worked. Strategy needs tweaking and more soldiers needed. Congress is not for prolonging this war or paying for it so they want it from the hosres mouth.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• All we can do is wait and see how many more servicemembers we lose while they sit on their hands and decide if they want to do something or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• He's supposed to be submitting a request to Gates for 30,000-40,000 additional troops sometime this week. I guess it just baffles me that they all knew we were going to have to adjust and now that lives of soldiers are at stake they want to sit on their hands and play games.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The request has been submitted and it is my understanding that he has said he will resign if he doesn't get the troops. I can't blame him. Who would want to have their name attached to a slaughter?

The current administration has made some changes to the what it allows...remember that insurgents have "rights" now. They have also cut back on how much "cover" they will give the troops because they are worried about collateral damage. The Taliban and Al Quaida don't care about collateral damage and they use our care to their advantage.

It does seeem like we might be getting some help from...*gasp* the Saudis! There are credible rumors that they might be willing to send in troops. Apparently they are starting to have real concerns about Iran.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:38 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• We have the world best military. THERE IS NO REASON WHY WE ARE STILL THERE. If we want to take someone out we can, we have the power.

This war is about power and money and our men and women should not have to die for that.

Yes our military is doing some good there. Fixing the schools, clinics we bomb.
    We need to get shit out of there!!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• That ideology is the exact reason why I think the mainstream media should be made to replay the September 11, 2001 attacks everyday at least twice a day. How quickly the majority have forgotten what this war is really about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The war we are in has nothing to do with 9/11.
    That is what is sad that you do know that and think it is ok for our men and women to die. 9/11 3-thousand died and AND HOW MANY HAVE DIED SINCE THAN???? AND IS IT WORTH IT, I think NOT!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• gammie, this war has everything to do with 9/11. It is the reason we invaded Afghanistan to begin with.

I will let me hubby know that you think we need to get it over with...we'll just drop a couple of nukes and the problem will be solved. We COULD have ended it a long time ago, but not without MASS collateral damage. Geez...all these ARMCHAIR GENERALS!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• No, we INVADED TO GET BIN LADEN. We could have had him anytime. THIS WAR IS NOT ABOUT 9/11.
    Don't you think it is funny how much Heroin they are making now??? Before the war they had burned down the fields.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• yourspecialkid...

We are both from military families. You get on side of the story and I get the other side. Why not both sides get together and find out the real story.

we already have MASS collateral damage. How many more people need to die on both sides?????
    The war was about Bin Laden but it has changed years ago. Sorry that is a fact.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2009