I have two sons with ADHD, am I suppossed to pick my battles with them, as I am told?

My oldest son is 11, and my middle son is 6. My six year old has ADHD, chronic asthma, and a heart blockage. My 11 year old molested my 6 year last year, and I always get nervous every time he gets too close to him. Last night, my 11 year old took a bath in front my 6 year old my he was already sitting on the toilet first. I told him never to go around him while he is naked. I was very upset. Did I over react?

yaya2005

Asked by yaya2005 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'd say not pick battles, but try try try to be as patient and understanding as you possibly can. It will help them, they are going through a hard time as well, when they are young it's the hardest but with the right care and treatment they will learn and adapt to learn some control. My cousin suffers with ADD/ADHD and has her whole life she is in HS now and has had a lot of problems b/c of her condition throughout her life but she is doing better, we still think she's not always right but she has had help along the way.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Your 11 year old needs some serious help. Please, please get him into therapy as soon as you can. And if he's molesting his brother at age 10, chances are he has been molested himself.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Your whole family needs therapy

Answer by rkoloms at 4:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009