This poor little boy.

So yesterday I get to work and I am walking to my dept(I work in a grocery store) anyways... I see this little boy that is 3.5 and he is crying his eyes out and scared to death. So I ask him where his mommy or daddy is and he saids to me I don't know they left me here. So I bring him to the RM's office and we page that there is a little boy and what he is wearing and we walk the store to look for his mommy. I asked him what his mommies name is and he tells me "IT'S MOMMY" So walking the store we can't find his mommy. 25 minutes later his mommy with 4 other children comes over to where we are with him and takes him and says to him I was looking for you know lets go home. No Thank you to us, nothing. We were getting ready to call the police. So what I am asking is once you see you child is missing don't you stop shopping and find your child and go to the first worker you see a have them help you? I am just beside myself .

raemommy

Asked by raemommy at 9:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Not that I let my kids wander off BUT sometimes it happens. That's why I make sure my kids know their full name & MY full name. Even my 2 1/2 yr old knows what her mommy & daddy's first name is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My son rarely leaves my sight. I don't trust people, I even panick when my MIL has him. He knows my name and his daddy's, and he can tell you his name. I made sure of that. I would also thank whomever found him. I understand how you feel, having worked at Wal-Mart forr quite a few years.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 10:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2009