NEED SOME TIPS THANKS

on breastfeeding this will be my first time.. Im due In jan and need all the help i can get thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do what you can to stay hydrated, well-fed, rested.

Go for as natural a birth as possible.

Keep baby with you at birth, no bottles or pacifiers.

Plan to have help at home so that you don't need to do anything but Babymoon.

Stay in bed for 2 weeks breastfeeding.

Let others handle life for you.

Stay committed, know that keeping with it can be tricky but worth it!

Start attending La Leche League meetings now and continue after the birth for information and support.

You can read The Womanly Art Of Breastfeeding now, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• MOST hospitals will actually have a lactation expert that will guide you through the first few times, the most important thing is latch on!!!! If you don't get the baby on right, it will be such a horrible pain that you may decide not to do it anymore and baby deserves you to give it a fair fight, so ask them in the hospital to guide you to proper latch on and they can SHOW you instead of tell you cuz it's kind of one of those things you can't READ the answer to, you need to SEE and EXPERIENCE.
    Good luck and thanks for making the right choice for baby.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have breastfed two babies until they were 1 1/2! My advice is to be patient. It will take time for you and your baby to find the proper position to get latched on properly. Sit up as straight as you can at first to help with that. It takes a lot of time at first...every couple of hours your baby will nurse and it can last up to an hour at a time. But try to remember that this will settle way down once your milk is established and you have figured out your routine and as baby gets older. Don't feel guilty about pumping and using bottles now and then. Don't feel guilty about using a pacifier. Don't feel guilty if you have drugs during delivery. And don't feel guilty if it doesn't work for you. But also, don't give up easily!! I used Lansinoh creme on my nipples. It comes in a purple box at Target and it will help with the soreness that is again temporary! Good luck and good for you for trying!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I want to breast feed as well. I have signed up for a class at the hosipital and this one is free. My neighbor had trouble breast feeding and i want to make sure i know as much as i can before
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• OP - you are lucky to get all of this great advice from the moms! Good job all you breastfeeding moms out there! I highly recommend the class at the hospital if it available and reading the art of breastfeeding. Then definitely take the lactation nurse up on the offer for assistance after delivery even if you dont' think you need it. They have great tips! Congratulations on your baby and happy nursing!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Stock up on Lanolin and buy a boppy to use for support. Drink lots of water. I figured about 8oz per nursing.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• don't give up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2009