Do you pretend to breastfeed your daughter's baby doll?

That's how all my babies were fed, so when we're playing I change baby doll, bathe baby doll and breast feed baby doll.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I do, she does, and my friends do too when they play with her.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yep - I used to do this too. The pretend bottles are cute and I played with them when I was little (I was so fascinated by that "disappearing liquid"). I never bottle fed my real babies so it only seemed natural to pretend to nurse the dolls! She did it too because she was used to seeing me nurse her baby brother! Natural and beautiful way to nurture (even those "pretend babies")!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• no, you would think that a child so young wouldnt understand, i wouldnt want my little girl walking around in stores and stuff breastfeeding a baby doll.im still breastfeeding my 15month old(one feeding a day)but in no way would feed her doll this way,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 12:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Whats not to understand, my kids feed their dolls the way they were fed, and the way they see me feed their siblings. DD is 4 and DS is 2, so he still nurses 1-2 times a day. Now, DD will feed her dolls in a pretend hi chair, from a pretend spoon, and sometimes will pretend nurse them. She told me that Barbara (one of her babies) only drinks that way sometimes now, just a little sip. It's so cute watching my daughter nurture her "babies". I know she'll make a great mom one day! She also put Elmo in time out last week. I asked her what he did, and she told me that he went to the park all by himself, without a grown up! I pretended to be relieved that she found him, and that he didn't get hurt by going off all alone.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i never thought of that but what a good idea....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009