I need to get motivated to excercise, but

for some reason I can't. Any motivating tips.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Good music always helps me, try to do your mix of tunes you like.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 9:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Look at your kids.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Think about your end goal, and write it down; whether it is to look great in a bikini or get fit enough to run 3 miles. Then keep your mind on the goal, whenever you feel unmotivated, just think that the simple 30-60 minutes of your day is well worth the benefit of achieving your goal. Half the battle is getting dressed and starting, you always feel so grreat afterward!
    I actually would recommend looking at or following this blog to gain motivation!

http://dynamicworkouts.blogspot.com/
    arFit

Answer by arFit at 9:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I always look at my pre-pregnancy pictures and it motivates me a lot!! I need to lose about 40 pounds...you should tryc ardio worouts ..it was fun for me..
    adriana18

Answer by adriana18 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Its all in the head......you really have to want to excercise, for me anyhow. You are stuck and I know that feeling. You know you should start excercising and when you do, in about a week you should have more energy and motivation, but you neeed the energy NOW to start, not in a week.....lol! A vicious cycle I catch myself in alot! Good luck!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Here is some ideas that I use....get out some balloons for your kids and pick them up and swing them up so that their feet kick the balloon or let the balloon bop them on the head. Push your kids around in a laundry basket. Turn on YouTube and look up fast songs. Trust me, your heart will be pumping on ALL of these! I also bought some 1lb weights for my kids and they just jump right in. Do you own any exercise videos at home?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I used to watch exercise dvds but they got boring quickly. Try going to www.dailyfitplanet.com. They have new workouts everyday that keep me motivated. Hope this helps.
    maurinew

Answer by maurinew at 6:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009