What do you feed your toddlers?

What do you feed your toddlers for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks? I feel like I'm in a rut and feeding them the same things: hot dogs, macaroni & cheese, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets...they are not big on fruits and veggies although I try to introduce them..they wind up on the floor. I need some new ideas!!

Asked by 2coolmama at 9:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Food & Drink

• eggs, oatmeal, string cheese, Do they like Peanut Butter? You might want to try that with some celery or apples. Or try to serving the veggies like celery and cucumbers with ranch dressing. My kids love dipping the veggies in the dressing. Tuna sandwiches? My kids have always seem to like that... When they were little I would just mix the tuna with some mayo, now that they are older I add things like onion and relish to it. That's all that I can think of right now.... :) Good Luck!

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• those are some great ideas==thanks!

Answer by 2coolmama at 10:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• we feed them soybeans or lasagna you can add the stuff in there or we give them lentals or garbonso beans with creamcheese and avacados with tuna and mircle whip and we give them we stoped giving them grilled cheese our pedi said it could cause some kidney issues i give them organic apples i put juices i make them fresh and add the stuff so they drink it i put a sippy top over it and a plastic color cup so they cant see the color i give them grapes seedless and i put kelp in there food fish i give them lots of fresh pinto beans i cook it the crock pot i put the lentals and garbonso beans in the crock pot i give them lipton and or cream of brocoli soup and or i make popisicals out of juices i made then freeze them i give them canta lope and papaya

Answer by Patience1 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I found that as soon as they were old enough to help wash off the fruit or veg or help make a recipe, then they had more interest in eating it. We try to give them fresh fruit like grapes, berries and they love watermelon. They also like apples with PB and raisins. Then home made soups are great, especially cream of potato (with cheese) and broccoli cheese. Good Luck!

Answer by LitlChef1 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2008