can somebody tell me

so i have a 10 week old when i had him the doc tied my tubes now i am just wandering if anybody can tell me when am i suppose to start my menstrual cycle nothing has happin since i stopped bleeding after having the baby

whatitbebb

Asked by whatitbebb at 10:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got my tubes tied at the end of June and I had my period back by then end of August. I would call the doctor and let them know that you have'nt gotten your period yet. 10 weeks seems like it's a little to long. Something doesn't sound right to me. I was told that a tubal pregnancy could happen in the next 6-8 months. I am not trying to scare you but, I would call your doctor right away.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• A friend of mine had her tubes tied and didn't get her period until 8 months post-partum. Having your tubes tied just means that the egg, when released, doesn't have anywhere to go to get fertilized. But the hormones regulating your cycle are still there, and you still ovulate, which is what signals your body to have a period about two weeks afterward. Ovulation can happen as early as 3-6 weeks post-partum (giving you a period at 5-8 weeks), or as late as 12 months or more. If you're not breastfeeding, your period should show soon. If you are breastfeeding, it can delay ovulation making it months before you get your period (or it could come tomorrow), and since the process of ovulation isn't affected by a tubal ligation, you still have to wait until about two weeks after you ovulate to get a period. When that will happen, though, there's no telling, unless you start charting or use OPKs just for that purpose.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:41 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• so i had no idea i could get pregnant with the tubal for up to 1 year afterward that would have been nice to know i think i am going to call the doc if nothing happens bye the end of the month
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009