Do you think it is ok to give the morning after pill to kids in school without your consent?

Noble High School wants to do just that. They want to open a health care clinic in the school to offer pap tests, birth controll and the morning after pill to your children! However they are not letting parents know this. They say they will go by the state guidelines. Which include teachers, guidance counselors, and the nurse to sign for your child to get an abortion. But they don't mention that. Also they have the power to alter your childs records so you don't know what is really happening. These are the state guidelines. Do parents really know what is going on?? This is for children 14 years of age and older!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• If parent's actually did their jobs then there would be no need for this service.
    NikkiPhoenix

Answer by NikkiPhoenix at 12:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I think that is insane. i would not be ok with my childs school doing this!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• NO!!! If I am responsible for them until 18, then I need to be informed of all aspects of their care and they would need my consent
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• well the should at least let the parents know that their children are having sex.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i would be livid if my dd's school did this. what ever happend to the school teaching the kids to talk to your parents and haveing them confide in you. its the parents who should be responsable for the childs health care. not the school. besides a letter saying shots need to be updated. physical needs to be done so child can play a sport. what if the child has a reaction to the pill or bc and u run to emergency room and cant say well child is on bc...u dont know and now a bad reaction is happening.. i would sue the school. i see the child talken to gauidence counsler and setting up a meeting with child and parents to discuss a situation..but to do it all themselfs..no. i would be angry. and to alter records thats just crazy..i would pay the xtra money a year to transfer my child. kids are more active now but its parents that need to talk, not go behind ur back...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Hell No, they should keep health care in the doctors offices, no pap smears, or all that should be going on in school that is crazy! I can see handing out condoms or birth control pills but there needs to be some limits. There should be a meeting for this I'd protest!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Um, no. Its my job to parent - not a schools.
    aussiesma

Answer by aussiesma at 10:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Pap test and all of that is fine but the morning after pill and abortions THAT IS NOT OK AND WILL NOT HAPPEN IN MY CHILDS SCHOOL EVER I WILL PULL HER OUT AND PUT IN A PRIVATE SCHOOL WITHOUT A DOUBT...... That just makes me want to home school more and more EVERYDAY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I fully agree with everyone. The school was supposed to get in touch with every parent in the district to notify them of this via phone and mail. However The group of parents that read the fine print went door to door and none of these people knew about it. There will be a article in the Fosters Paper today from the school saying that hardly any parent has expressed concern. That is because they don't know!!!!!
    jess411

Answer by jess411 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• what happened? an ass load of teen pregnancies, mainly caused by ignorant parents.

we're talking sink or swim here. a kids future at stake- become a mom at 15-16, or actually have a bright obscured future... and you think that is WRONG??? they are doing this BECAUSE of people like you, who feel that a child old enough to be engaging in sexual activity (physically that is) still has no say in what happens to their bodies, or their life.

obviously if the child is not able to have a relationship with her parents which would facilitate these NECESSARY things taking place, then it is the responsibility of another authority figure to step in and fill the void. exactly what they are planning to do. more power to them! i wish more schools would do the same. it would help put an end to unwanted pregnancies, stds, and children suffering at the hands of their parents for their ignorance.

be livid. relish in it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2009