How should I handle this?

Yesterday while my 6yr old DD was at school, she asked the teacher if she can go potty and the teacher said no. so my dd raised her hand to go potty and the teacher ignored her, so my dd peed on herself. she got sent to the nurse to change. my hubby, daughter and I were pretty upset about it.

How should I handle the situation?

JayRo00

Asked by JayRo00 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would go have a little "heart to heart" with that teacher, that's unacceptable
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would call and talk to the principal. That is not acceptable at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Do the same thing I did to the teacher who refused to let my son go to the nurse when he asked. I told the teacher, the principal and the school board there better not ever be someone in this district telling my child the cannot go to the toilet or the nurse when they ask. If they are abusing a privilege we can address the problem THEN. How dare someone tell a 6 yr old they can't go potty to the point the child wets their clothes. Oh brother, I would be fuming. BTW..the day the music teacher refused to let my son go to the nurse he walked in the house running 103 temp and had an strep throat. Talk about going off on a teacher.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Call the teacher or visit her and tell her that if your daughter needs to go pee she'd better let her casue if this happens again you'll be going to the superattendant!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would call the principal and ask for a meeting with them and the teacher. This is way not acceptable.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have told my daughter if she needs to go to the bathroom and can not hold it until she gets permission to just get up and go. It may break the classroom rules and she may have to sit out of recess or whatever, but honestly, having an accident in school would be devestating for her. I made it clear to her that I would not be angry with her over something like that. I would let that teacher know that what she did was unacceptable and how it has effected your family. Yikes.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• "I told the teacher, the principal and the school board there better not ever be someone in this district telling my child the cannot go to the toilet or the nurse when they ask."

i bet you're a joy to be around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• go to the principle and have them bring the teacher down so al of you can discuss it.i would be pretty upset also.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Go talk to the principal! That is so wrong. Or skip talking to the principal and call the school board! If any teacher that my girls had did that I would go ballistic lol.
    meg_dog1

Answer by meg_dog1 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• talk to the teacher, try to go into it with an open mind---although TOTALLY unacceptable to let your daughter wet herself.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009