Anyone's pregnancy turned them into a shopping addict?

I'm only 4 weeks (with my first) and turning into a shopping addict (even if it's only window/internet window shopping), craiglist, walmart, thrift stores doesn't matter. I think i'm going to be broke when the baby gets here. Anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• LOL I was the same way...but always shopping for the kids, never myself...Irritated my hubby to no end, because I always complain that I don't have any clothes or that I need a new pair of shoes or something LOL. And what does he say, "you'd have all the clothes you'd want, and all the shoes you'd ever need if you would just stop buying stuff for the kids". He's got a point, but very hard to put myself first LOL.
    TCamacho

Answer by TCamacho at 11:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I'd be shopping for the baby, or some items that I'd need for after the baby arrives.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have found the best way to protect myself is to avoid all baby stores or baby sections in stores. Once you enter them it can be danger zone, especially cause you can usually get baby stuff for super cheap. Trust me, you will get so much stuff from other people, it is not even worth it to spend your own money. I think I already have her whole wardrobe from just my mother-in-law. I do think you have to buy a few things that are special from you to your little one.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I was the exact same way!! Difference is--- I not only shopped for the baby, but for tons of new clothes for me that would look cute when I was still tiny, as well as when I got a belly :D
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 11:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Depends on what you are buying!  If it's baby items, it's so normal.

If it's other items, then I'd be careful.  Any addiction is masking other problems and fears.

Best Wishes!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Oh yes! Before we found out the sex I had got a carseat at Babies R Us and a few neutral sleepers but we found out last Tuesday that it's a girl and we've bought SO much! I cant even go to WalMart to get groceries without slipping into the baby section and getting at least one thing lol The day we found out it was a girl we went to Target, Child's Place, JC Penney's and TJ Maxx and bought stuff and I got a baby bed yesterday and a bassinet over the weekend. My grandma told me to stop buying stuff and wait to see what I get at my baby shower. This is my second child and with my first I didn't get to buy what I wanted and most of the stuff was gave to me so I'm getting what I want this time.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• (OP) i meant baby stuff lol, I haven't gotten anything for me (YET haha)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009