doctor said...

doctor said maybe PDD -nos. Or Pervasive developemental disorder or a from of autism. I went to the nuerologist yesterday and that's what she thought. I brought it up to my daughters speech therapist this morning and should told me to get another opinion that she thought the doctor is way off. So to another doctor we go. Any advice if this is what she has?

suebee3

Asked by suebee3 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, someone you've seen doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. PDD-NOS and PDD *are* forms of Autism!

Definitely see someone else.

You need to see a developmental pediatrician. A regular pediatrician cannot diagnose ASD. A neurologist worth their salt will send you to a developmental pediatrician if they suspect ASD.

Definitely see someone else. There is so much more to ASD than just shaking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• what are her symptoms? issues?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would get a second opinion, I wouldn' tlet the 2nd doctor know what the first said, I'd let them know about her speech and that you're wanting her checked for Autism, and see how the results are that way.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• She tends to shake her upper body and tense up when she gets really excited, and she does a lot of jibber jabber when talking. She is 2 1/2. The people who did her evaluations told me to have the shaking checked out because they thought them to be tremors. Since starting speech therapy she isn't she isn't tensing as much. The therapist thought it to be more of a processing disorder ans that she thinks faster than she can express herself and it comes out as shaking. Well then I go to the nuerologist yesterday and she tells me PDD.
    suebee3

Answer by suebee3 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my friends 16 yr old son twitches his hand and head when he gets too excited there was nothing wrong with him just his body didnt know how to handle the excitment in our terms
    mememecassie

Answer by mememecassie at 3:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thank you , I made an appointment for a new nueroloigts, I'll have to wait a month to see him. Her therapist feels it is something she may grow out of or it could possible be tremors. So I just want to be sure so she can get the right help if any. Thanks again.
    suebee3

Answer by suebee3 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009