(TMI) but what does green poop in either adults or kids mean?

Ok the reason I am asking this is cause my DH is always asking me what it means cause sometimes he gets it? But why I am asking this question on his behalf I also want to know what it means in kids? My 4.5 year old always has green poo acashinally it will be normal but mostly green. My 21 month old has it sometimes like yesterday it was so green it stained her butt. Is it anything to worry about in kids or in adults? My DH also asked me twice before what black poop means? What does that mean as well? If it helps kids aren't over weight they achually say they are a little underweight, but DH is overweight. I know what they eat can do it, but I haven't made anything green lately and they haven't eten anything green lately.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Health

• Yeah everytime my kids have had green poop it's been green veggies and purple pedialyte..
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It maeans they had grape Kool aid! really purple stuff causes green poop.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• no they haven't had grape, but they had red can that do it? And DH all he drinks at work is water, but at home he drinks ice tea like there isn't know tomorrow
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• it doesn't mean some kinda virus does it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• No it doesnt mean some kind of virus. Different foods can cause it. I know for me - cereal makes it happen. My son eats yogurt and he gets the green poop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• the color of your poop has to do with what youve eaten...nothing more than that...hehe green poop prolly means green veggies, also black poop means iron, or if theyve had any pepto it can make your poop black.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• WikiAnswers - What causes human feces to appear green in color

Green poop - or feces with a green color - can be caused by any number of things. In general, however, its causes fall into 2 categories:
    wiki.answers.com/.../What_causes_human_feces_to_appear_green_in_color -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It means they ate or drank something green. When my kids were little I gave them a bite of my green apple snowball and they pooped green and it stained their butts. Also, veggies can make a poop green.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 11:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Actually my son who is 3 1/2 had some green colored poop a couple of times. I tried as best I could to research on the internet and still felt as though I should at least call and speak with the nurse line at the peds office. They asked that I make an appt and have him seen. They also wanted a sample. He ended up having a stomache virus. I know that certain foods and drinks can cause a change in color but so can a stomach virus. I am not a doctor I just thought I would add what I had experienced. Best of luck to you and your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009