Slim Fast???....i just started drinking it and...

It has helped. My first week I lost 4 lbs, second wk 5 and this wk 3. Do any of you have any success stories about slim about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• OP here..sorry I meant about slim fast lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• no but that makes me want to try it lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Wow, great to know, I just bought some. What are you doing exactly? 2 a day and then a light dinner?
    Anonymous

• I used it many many years ago and yes, it works. But I starved!!! I'm just not a good dieter, I want food! LOL!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I didn't have much luck with it but ^5 to you..that's awesome!
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 11:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Alli. The ONLY FDA approved weight loss drug on the market. You have to change your whole eating habbits and excercise to keep the weight off though. Drink more water, get out and walk at least a half hour a day.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have to agree. Please get off that crap! All it has done is reduce your caloric intake to dangerously low levels. You may be losing weight, but you're also starving you body of neccessary nutrients. Which can, and eventually will, lead to health problems. You can get the exact same results while eating well. It takes a little more work, but it's worth it.

Right now you're losing water weight, and quite possibly lean muscle mass. When you get off the 'plan', you'll gain it all back and the lean muscle mass will be replaced by fat. So you'll be worse off than when you started.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• rkoloms...blah, blah, blah.

anon. i used slimfast too. I lost a couple pounds a week. I loved it, started feeling better about myself. So i started walking and eating better. It was a snowball effect. The more i looked better, the more i felt better, the more i wanted to do more to be better. If slimfast is your jumpstart, then go for it. I lost 60 pounds, work out daily, and it all started with a little slimfast diet that made it easy to see results and get that desire to want better. they slimfast candy bars are also a great supplement for real ones when you NEED that chocolate/candy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• "All it has done is reduce your caloric intake to dangerously low levels. You may be losing weight, but you're also starving you body of neccessary nutrients. Which can, and eventually will, lead to health problems. "

NO, not if you follow the directions. It has nutrients and protein. and your still suppose to eat meals and snacks.

Slimfast has a website, it's good. check it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2009