Clomid ?

I just started taking Clomid 50mg and was wondering if it made your cycles 28 days and what day did you ovulate on. I normally have a 30 day cycle and don't ovulate until day 20 so I was wondering if Clomid would change that? And should I take a pregnancy test on day 28 or wait until 30?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a 26 cycle on Clomid, 50 mg. The only way to know for sure when you ovulate is to use an ovulation predictor kit. Did your doctor tell you how to use one? Clomid can do unexpected things with your cycle so get a kit and start using it on day 10 of your cycle. Once you get a positive, have sex every 12 hours or so for three days. Fourteen days after you got the positive OPK, use a home pregnancy test. If it's negative, don't panic. Wait another five days and test again. By then you will either have gotten your period or else you'll get a positive pregnancy test.
    Normally, about a week after you ovulate, the doctor will want to see you for blood tests (check your progesterone levels which should have surged by then, especially if you're pregnant) and an ultrasound to make sure your ovaries weren't over stimulated. (Con't)
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If your ovaries look good and you don't get pregnant, you'll go ahead and take Clomid again on the next cycle. If your ovaries were hyper stimulated (unlikely on 50 mg but every woman reacts differently), you'll need to wait a cycle before taking Clomid again.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Okay, I don't know much about Clomid BUT if you ovulate and in 10 days or less you're supposed to get your period, you might have a problem staying pregnant. I would talk to the Dr. about ovulating late in a cycle like that. I ovulate on Day 19 on a 28 day cycle and I had to take progesterone to stay pregnant this last time. It's called a Luteal Phase Defect.
    Just FYI! Good luck!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 1:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks guys for the info! I am taking the ovulation tests I was still just curious. More answers welcome.
    LandonsMommy405

Answer by LandonsMommy405 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• no to making you period a 28 day. I'm on 150 mg this is my 2nd month if nothin happen this month Sept will find out on the 30th.if my period starts or not hope not to old for the waiting game???? I take my Progreterone test tomorrow on the 24th. hopfully higher this month last month 18.4 and the month before that it was a 7 so maybe a 25 or higher would be great.You should at least take 150 mg that 50 don'work and also use robitussin for mucus only 4 teas 3 times day non drowsy. I use musinex 1200mg for mucus clomid drys you out tussin releases the mucus.
    brigitte710

Answer by brigitte710 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• brigitte710 - 50 mg worked for me on the first cycle I took it. :-) The specialist I saw said they like to start with the lowest dose and work up because of the potential for hyperstimulating the ovaries.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009