Incestious relations with her father, suitable for daytime tv?

According to Gossipcop.com, Phiilips tell Oprah that she had sex with her father John Phillips. People.com has more book excerpts detailing their long term affair.

"I had sex with my own father," the gossipcop quotes her as saying. She says he shot her up with drugs and raped her. When she confronted him about it, she writes in her memoir, she said "We have to talk about how you raped me." He responded, "You mean when we made love?"

John Phillips passed away in 2001. Read People.com HERE with details of the years of sexual relations.

Phillipps half-brother is not happy about his sister's media tour. Tamerlane Phillipps told Page Six,

"My family is and always will be a decrepit bowl of dog urine compared to Nityananda of Ganeshpuri. That is how great Nityananda is." The Indian yogi died in 1961. "Wor ship Nityananda, not the Phillips family. Nityananda can protect you," said Tamerlane.

OK to be on tv at 4?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:07 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think anything they have on tv anymore is appropriate at anytime. Thankfully my kids are all grown adults now, but at any time I turn on the tv during the day and start skipping through the channels, all I ever see is blood, guts, gore, violence, rape, sex, whores, drinkers, druggies, and everything else. Where the hell did everyone's morals go???? Where do we draw the line!?
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I'm more than a little irritated with Oprah, I have a 4 and 7 year old, I don't want them hearing that by accident...just ewww
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Who are these people? Phillips who?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• MacKenzie Phillips of One day at a time and her dad was in the Mamas and the papas
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You don't have to turn he television on.

Addiction is an insiduous disease. Those who are high don't always know what they are doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

No kidding, but what if one of my kids did accidentally? It doesn't belong on daytime
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I guess what creeps me out is the fact she is going public to make money. She had a very troubled childhood, and needs to get therapy. Going on talk shows and doing interviews about it won't heal her, she is cashing in on the celebrity ICK factor.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

and what is Oprah cashin in on??????

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• No kidding, but what if one of my kids did accidentally? It doesn't belong on daytime

While I agree that it doesn't belong on daytime, your kids could turn it on at any time. What if they got up in the middle of the night and turned it on? They could see actual sex acts or pretty dang close to it during the night.

It's up to parents to monitor the TV and make sure their kids don't watch things that are inappropriate and that if they DO somehow see something inappropriate that the parent talks to the child about WHY it's inappropriate. That is how children learn. I'm not perfect, please don't think I'm trying to bash, but when my kids do see something inappropriate, which does happen, I talk to them and explain what I find wrong with it and why they can't watch it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• She was supposedly raped by a man, now dead, when she was 19 and she is now how old? It took how many years to figure this out? It never happened, the man is dead, the royalties are drying up and the book was written for quick cash. She still looks like a 14 year old to me who is desperately seeking attention by telling one person what the horrible other person did to her. Like the kids of divorce would do, go back and forth speaking ill of the other. She's a mental case, don't buy the book and don't watch her interviews, in 10 years she'll be back broke again claiming she was forced to also do the family dog. Phillips was a reclusive with mental and dependecies issues, I doubt he could have gotten it up for 10 years with her. And besides, that face was a 2 bagger for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2009