How could a woman wbe pregnant for five months and not know about it at all?

She had no symptoms and she had spotting and thought of that being her period because she was on birth control.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didnt find out till i was 6mos. i had lil periods cus i had a blood clot and i jus didnt think the first time i could get pregnant like tht but it happens i guess my sons beautiful and completly healthy!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• you know ive heard a lot of those stories believe it or not! ive seen people on the discovery channel not know they were pregnant till they gave birth it was pretty weird... but they were the same way on BC spotting.. no wieght gain no nausea no tiredness no tenderness in the breasteses haha no symptoms wat so ever besides a bit of spotting!
    it kinda creaped me out a little bit cause these all gave birth to premature babies but they were pretty much healthy besides being a low birth weight.
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Not knowing for 5 months isn't very unusual. Some people have irregular periods and are use to missing periods which make them think nothing about being pregnant. Usually during the first 5 months you won't experience much besides tiredness at first, sometimes morning sickness (which some people don't get AT ALL.) and you pee a little more. All of these things can be overlooked because all pregnancies are different. Tiredness is caused by many things, so one might not think of pregnancy, peeing more often might not be noticed because it's just peeing, and you might not be sick at all. I had a friend that didn't know until she was 4 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Oh and some people don't show at all until later in pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• i have a friend that has a 4-5 month old and she didnt know that she was preggo at all, spotting, no belly, or weight gain. She went to the er in pain and they sent her home telling her that she was passing a kidney stone, and she gave birth that night! Her aunt told her that that KIDNEY STONE WAS BIG ENOUGH TO NAME...LOL!!!!!!!!!! HOw could a hospital mistake a woman in labor for having a kidney stone is beyond me..but she has a beautiful lil baby boy name Chance...cause like what are the chances right!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• with my daughter i didnt know til 4 months

my son 21 weeks i just has no fetal movement had a period slept the same only reason i found out was u fell an i went in for an ultra sound an what would u know bam

an now im aware of what to look for i new i was pregnant when i was sleepn allot more loss of wanting to eat an worn down i found out 5 weeks wich is a first for me now im currently 18 weeks 2 days pregnant with a boy
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• As a woman, I experience all kinds of things on a weekly/monthly basis, so I am sure it happens.

All the pregnancy symptoms (most I've had) are like menstrual symptoms.... as a busy person, we  Women often keep on keeping on (go Women!) and we Women often forget our problems.

I watch that show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" and LOVE It! Last night this guy goes to work knowing his wife had a stomach problem and comes home to a 4th child! Miracle Baby!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have seen that show too armymum! Its crazy, I also know several people who didnt know till they were 5 mos or more along. After talking to them I can see how they wouldnt know. One woman told me she was so busy with her older two during baseball season, she had never had normal periods and missing one was pretty normal for her, she didnt gain any weight and the only thing looking back that would have been a clue was how much the smell of the snack shack bothered her.

I always knew right away except my last one, life was so crazy busy we were on the go every day and i had to fly out of state, i was running events for a non-profit group, halloween was that month, soccer, a million other things going on. It took me till Thanksgiving to realize i was pregnant but even then i was only 2 1/2 months along i only noticed because i felt sick and had no period and had time to actually think back to when my last period was.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my mom was 4-5 months with me before she knew; she was nursing my older brother still, and had symptoms but thought they were from nursing. Then she felt me moving and went to the doctor, sure enough, there I was!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• some women have really irregular periods. my sister probably wouldn't have known but she had an appointment to get her tonsils removed and they automatically do pg test first, and she was positive so didn't get her tonsils removed. her periods are really irregular... oh but she did get pretty sick so she would have figured it out eventually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2009