Has anyone used the Your Baby Can Read Program for their LOs?

I just recently got Your Baby Can Read, for my 6 month old. I was wondering if anyone else has used it and what kind of results did your kids get from it. It says for 6 months to 6 years but seems he may be able to appreciate it more when he gets a little older, because right now he wont really watch it.

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't used it, but a woman I know had.. her daughter started watching it at 1 month, and is now 6 months.. she's so smart! I suggest it!!! My husband & I are getting it for our son soon.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 11:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i haven't i wanted to see some reviews on it first
    MarksMommy09

Answer by MarksMommy09 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If you do a search, you'll see what a waste it is. It's only going to teach memorization, and you can teach your own child to properly read for free.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I was going to get it but on the tv it said it was only 14 dollars so i went online to look it up and it was a bait and switch it really costs 200 dollars and i think paying 200 dollars for some dvd's and flash cards is a waste of money imo. but my sis has it and says it was the biggest waste of money she'd ever spent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• that program does not teach babies to read. As pp said, it teaches them to memorize. Wait until they're older, and make your own flash cards to teach them new vocab. but you don't learn to read by memorizing random words.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• What a waste. You can go to Wal-Mart, and get those easy reader books (they're roughly 2 or 3 $), What I did with my children was to have them follow along with me, and repeat every word I said. It's the same concept as the program that costs 200$. And they will catch on to some of the words, but you have to do it daily. And as others have said, it's just repetition and memorization. You can also make a word chart, and repeat it everyday with your kids. You can also make your own "program" on your computer, I did this for my kids as well. Find a picture of whatever word you want. For example a duck, paste the picture into a word document, or paint, or another program (photo shop will work as well), then type the word duck under it. Print it (if you like leave the duck black and white, let your kid color...that will also teach colors). and there ya go.
    TCamacho

Answer by TCamacho at 8:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2009