Can I use foodstamps from Nevada in another state??

We are moving sue to my husband not having work or being able to find work in quite some time. We have alot of money left on our foodstamp card and I was wondering if I will be able to use it when I get to the new state I am going to be living in or if I should stock up on non-perishables before I leave??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Call your caseworker
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I know I can use mine in OR, WA, ID and NA (is that the abbreviation for nevada? I hope it is). I don't know for sure about anywhere else. I heard something about a year ago about ALL states using the same program for them and therefor you could use them anywhere, but I don't know for sure. I would call the office and ask.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would call the caseworker and see what he/she says. Moving a lot of extra food wouldn't be ideal. But not having that food wouldn't be ideal, either.
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 12:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• See I didn't think you can use them outside your home state, you never use to be able to....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I think you can. When we moved from AZ to NM I was able to use them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yes you can. I went on vaction to NJ, and live in NY. As long as the store takes foodstamps you can use them. It's like using a credit card.
    Sharde88

Answer by Sharde88 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would think you could, it's like a card, but you should ask your case worker, or call the state where you are moving, and ask someone in that office.
    TCamacho

Answer by TCamacho at 8:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009