What do you do with your kids art?

DS started pre-school this year and they send home a peice of art every 2-3 days. Its nice to have new art on the fridge but sometimes I just dont know what to do with it. Yesterday they sent home a peice of paper with wood cutouts and colored noodles glued to it. The glue wasn't very good and the noodles were starting to fall off. I gave up trying to display it and ended up just throwing it away because of the mess it was causing. Do other moms do this? What do you do with the numerous bits of art your child produces?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Put it on the fridge of course...

I also have a book similar to a baby book but for school, similar to this, except ours starts at preschool: http://www.amazon.com/School-Memory-Album-Collection-Kindergarten/dp/1420687697/ref=pd_sim_dbs_b_3

And I pick out special ones that go in there.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I write the date on it and put in in a folder in a filing cabinet, someday I will put them in a 3 ring binder or something.
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 12:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• yaa when my daughter was in preschool she came home with something EVERYDAY!!!!!!! she only went 3 days a week, but still...it got to be to much..i never threw them out tho..i went to the dollar store and picked up a big plastic basket, and all her art work goes in there...yaa its a pain in the ass to keep around...but i think she will enjoy lookin at it again one day when shes waaay older!! i always wished my mom kept my stuff, just so i could see what i was like when i was a kid, and she didnt..so i will for my daughter :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If you keep it all forever it will overtake your house! By the time my oldest finished kindergarten I had a whole trunk full of "art" - I finally had to get rid of some of it and just keep the special ones. Now, with my twins, I usually hang a few on the fridge, and put the rest in a drawer that I periodically clean out. I am keeping a few nice/special ones, but most of it eventually goes in the trash...especially if it is dropping noodles or glitter everywhere!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i have saved all the little certificates and programs and cards she make and the best art work and i have been laminating it in clear contact paper and i am going to but it on the tables at her graduation, I will more than likely will have her party at a rented hall somewhere so i have alot of room.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My daughter is now 7yrs old and in 1st grade... But when she was in day care/preschool and kindergarten I saved 99% of her art work. I put it in her own lockbox safe. Now she is in kindergarten and so far we've saved all of it, she started 5wks ago.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• MY oldest two just started Kindergarten (they did not go to pre-school). I'm keeping EVERYTHING. they both have a 3 ring notebook. I display their work on a their own cork board for a week. Every Sunday night I take it all down, punch holes in it, and it goes into his own notebook. The cork board is then free for the new week. So far they've not brought home anything bulky like noodles or anything...but I've got a plan :). They each have one of those plastic totes, in their favorite colors of course, with their name, grade, and teacher's name (their notebooks are kept in here as well, but it is big enough for anything "bulky". If the noodles or whatever (not that I think they will bring any of those home, it's their teacher's first year as well, and so far she's not into creativity :|) start to fall off, just re-glue it, and put it in the box :).
    TCamacho

Answer by TCamacho at 8:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009