for those of you who's water broke before going into labor/getting to the hospital.. what were you doing at the time? where you in public or at home? scared or excited?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my friends water broke at work. LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I was at home sitting on the couch watching TV. It was just a trickle. It was very exciting.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I had a big gush while I was standing in line for communion at church
    punkrockermama

Answer by punkrockermama at 12:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It was midnight and I woke up to go to bathroom, then I started to walk into the living room to check on my son and it was a small gush...then I raced to the bathroom and a large gush...we live 15 miles from the hospital and there was 8 inches of snow on the road - of course it wasn't even plowed yet at that time of night. I took almost an hour to get to the hospital...5 hours later we had a baby girl...
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 12:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• at home, in the shower, wasn't sure because i was in the shower! but then i had more squirt out when i sat down to eat breakfast. i was scared and excited.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Both times that my water has broken, I was laying in bed. And yeah of course I was excited! baby time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I was in bed asleep and woke up thinking I had to pee (again) and gush before I made it to standing up. It was 3 am and I was so groggy that I just figured I'd pissed myself, until the contractions started. I waited until 6 am to call mt Dr and didn't even go to the hospital until 6pm that night.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 1:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• the first time i was sleeping and thought i had to get up and pee and on my way to the bathroom all of this liquid started running down my leg, i thought i was peeing already..but after 20 min of it not stopping i realized my water broke and was very excited and went to the hospital.

The second time was on the fourth of july at around 10 at night i was in the middle of a crowded park watching a firework display. good thing everyone was looking up and not at my wet pants
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• (At 39 weeks) I was at home and really ....thrown off guard. I guess I was so unsure what had just happened... I had to organize my thoughts for a bit.

It turned out I was leaking (gushing!). Since I was not having any contractions I waited. Over a week.

But things were great, and after 8 days, I later had a beautiful water birth! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• OMG Everytime my husband and I talk about this we always start laughing. With my first pregnancy, we were sitting on our bed eating french fries and watching movies. All the sudden I felt like I had to pee, so naturally, go to the bathroom, and I trickled a bit...couldn't even call it peeing. So ok, go back to the bed, by the time I get there, have to go back to the bathroom, once again a few drops and that was it. This goes on back and forth for about 30 minutes, finally I'm tired of walking back and forth so I just went and sat on the toilet. Had my husband bring me all kinds of stuff to do while I was in there. Had no clue my water had broken, we still had 3 weeks before the baby was due. In the mean time, my mom calls. Husband tells her I'm in the bathroom, I'll call her back later. He leaves to return some rented movies, and here I am lucky me sitting on the toilet. Phone ringing off the hook **Continued Below**
    TCamacho

Answer by TCamacho at 7:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2009