a question for women who have men in their lives.

so me and my husband were talking and he said that its ok if a man hits a women if she is attacking him. example the other day i got upset and threw something at him.. well he threw something back. im kinda curious how many other men have this same mentality? im not talking about full on beating but some sort of retaliation(sp).

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 11:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I don't think it's right for either sex, BUT being bigger and stronger than you if you say, hit him, I do not think he should hit you back. Let's face it, he can do much more damage than you can. I think it's fine for him to restrain you if you are out of control in self defense and I would say if you don't want him to throw stuff at you, don't throw stuff at him.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My husband use to think it was okay. I told him under no circumstances is he to teach our three boys that it is okay to hit a woman. He has finally agreed that it is not okay to hit back unless death is on the line.
    That is what we have been teaching our boys. If they are in imminent danger, ie: kidnapper, it is okay to hit a woman, but otherwise it is not okay because men are so much stronger than woman physically. And besides that, we need to work things out without violence.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Grow up. I hope neitheroe of you has children.

What are you teachin your boy(s)?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I don't think its ever appropreate for ANYONE to throw something AT or hit someone. There are nice pillows, hit those, need to throw something, throw it at a wall. Not saying I don't have a temper, I do, and its bad, but I would never attack anyone. So no, unless they are going to do you serious harm, its not ok to hit a girl, or a guy for that matter.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My husband says no, it's not okay. He said that if you have a freak woman attacking you that you should leave, and if your in a relationship with the freak then leave and don't return.

My opinion is that yes, if you hit someone, you should be ready to get hit back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2009

• ITS NEVER OK TO HIT EACH OTHER..OR "THROW THINGS" GEEEZ!! ACT LIKE AN ADULT!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If i hit my husband, a part of me thinks he'd hit back, but the other thinks he might just try to restrain me somehow. He says he'd never hit me, but things have and tempers flare. And we both have bad tempers. lol. Other than playing around, we've never gotten physical.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I don't know how my husband feels, but I feel like if you throw something at someone, you better be prepared for it to be thrown back. And if you hit someone, you better be prepared to be hit back. Just because he's a man and you're a woman doesn't matter... he has a right to defend himself if he feels threatened.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my husband would never think that is ok and he would never ever hit me. my husband is not like most. he grew up in a house with 7 sisters and he is the only boy. he has a lot of respect for women and he would never think even if i hit him that it's ok for him to hit me back. after he would feel like such a dick and would never forgive himself. especially since i weigh only 100 pounds not being pregnant and he closer to 200 like 170. no way! i know he would never hit a women of any size.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• its interesting to hear all your comments. when i threw something at him which i knew was retarted but felt right at that time it totally shocked me that he threw it back. i never was with anyone who did something like that. i just started to scream "wife beater" lol which didnt help the situation.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 12:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009