Gifts ideas for 2 year old boy?? HELP

My son will be a couple months short of 2 around Christmas and I want to start shopping. He already has started to like gender focused toys. He only plays with cars, trucks, balls, etc. I really have no clue what to get him. You can only buy him so many cars and trucks!

He is getting a basketball hoop, he has an electonic car for outside, two push cars for inside, a whole bunch of cars that drive and play music, a ball pit, a ton of huge lego blocks, too many books and coloring books, soccer/basket/footballs,sand box, golf clubs, water table and then all of the typical non-gender baby toys.

MomofDom21

Asked by MomofDom21 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you have little people? We have SO much little people stuff and both of mine (2 and 4) love to play with it. My 4 year old girl has some pink princess stuff and my 2 year old boy has a construction set and a farm and a camping set, etc.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Little People are the best, my dd loved them for many years! Try some learning toys too, possibly a Junior Leap Pad or V-Tech toy that will help with his alphabet and numbers.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 12:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My two year old son LOVES dinosaurs. He is also starting to play with playsets with characters he likes such as Sesame Street. He has a tricycle and a my first scooter that he enjoys. I think he would love a tent or a playhouse. Of course, he also enjoys his twin sister's girly toys, so maybe he is just easy to please.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The Weeble-Wobbles as well if you can find them :).
    TCamacho

Answer by TCamacho at 6:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You didn't mention wooden puzzles - those are fun for that age. I found some really cute animal ones that make sounds when the peices are put in the correct spot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2009