Did you or do you know someone that had an External Version with their breech baby?

I'm scheduled tomorrow for a version (manually turning the baby) and my family is really trying to talk me out of it, saying that it will just put me into premature labor (I'm right at 36/6 weeks.) But I really want to do everything I can to have this baby vaginally and I feel it's my best shot--just wondering about your experiences. Thanks so much!!!!

Marti123

Asked by Marti123 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didnt have it done bc its rare that the child turns or stays turned.. So u might end up with a c section anyway. it is also painfull. and U can put ur childs life and ur life at risk and y take a risk when u dont have to? U should do whats right for the baby and to me that is not it. I do know someone that has tried it all the pain she went through and guess what? the baby didnt move and was a c section
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• They tried an external version with my second, but I ended up with a c sect. anyways because she would NOT turn. They tried 3 times, they started an IV and they had L and D on stand by, just in case anything happened. It was painful, I was bruised all across my belly. I dont nesesarily regret trying, but I understand your family's concern, mine was the same way, worried about the cord getting wrapped around her neck and such. If you are confident in your doc, its worth a try. They should use the ultrasound the whole time to keep an eye on the baby. Its totally up to you to decide though. (my daughters head was actually under my rib when they did deliver, so she would have never turned from that position, your doc should have a good idea how the baby is laying before they try the version, also, you still have a few weeks, the baby may end up turning on its own) Good Luck Momma
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Never had this done, but I do have to say that this sounds really really painful.
    TCamacho

Answer by TCamacho at 5:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009