What time does your 13 month old take a nap?

When does he/she wake up and go to bed?

I'm just trying to get an idea of when to put my son down for a nap -- he's starting to only want to take one nap a day.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yup my 13 month is the same. She was taking 2 naps a day, but within the last week she's only started taking 1 and its short. Well, kind of 2. She usually takes a 10 minute power nap in the morning around 9:30 and then will take like a 30 min to an hour nap in the afternoons around 3:30. But, she is sleeping longer at night than she used to. She will go to bed anywhere b/t 7:30-10:00 (I try to put her to bed the same time every night, but some nights she just doesn't want to go to sleep yet) and will wake up at 7:00am.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my son stopped taking 2 naps at this age too - he would get up at 5:30, then take a nap at 12 then go to bed at 6:30 at this age - now at 22 months its all the same but bedtime is 8
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My kids went down to 1 nap at that age as well. And with them they were allowed to nap pretty much anytime they wanted (as long as it was a reasonable hour). I would not let them take a nap after 3PM or so, that way they would sleep at night. When they were all close to 2 they stopped taking naps altogether. I got a lot of slack for that, people saying when they start kindergarten the teacher will make them take naps, and they will get in trouble because you don't make them...blah blah blah blah....well my oldest two are in kindergarten this year, and they no longer take naps (at least where we live in East Texas).
    Many times they would wake up around 8 or 9, and want to take a nap either before or after lunch.
    My little one now (he's 3), I can usually talk him into laying down with me in the mornings (I have to get up early to get my other two ready for school and catching the bus, and I'm not a great morning person LOL).
    TCamacho

Answer by TCamacho at 5:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009