Post-partum bowel problems for moms?!

My son is now about 2.5 months old and I'm still having a very hard time getting my body back to a regular BM schedule. I have tried colace and fiber capsules but that didn't seem to help and I really strive to drink at least a gallon of water a day. I also exclusively breastfeed. I've recently been using Mirilax (which my lactation consultant said was safe to use while breastfeeding) and it works great, but it says don't use for more than 7 days. It seems as soon as I'm off of it, I go right back into the painful hard stools. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I talk to my doctor? It's getting to the point where I fear going to the potty, help!!

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Health

• i had the same prob. . . using tucks pads help relive some pain afterwards, and stoped taking pain medication (genaric for viccodin). sorry about the bad spelling, i hope this helps.
    lilmonkey07

Answer by lilmonkey07 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009