Would you leave to go somwhere if you had food in the oven? (keeping in mind you WOULD be back in time to take it out)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would not do it, personally. What if you are pulled over for speeding and are late getting home? What if a train is sitting on the tracks and you are late getting home? Now, if you have a neighbor that will pop in and check on it then I might consider it. But, I just would not do it.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Well it depends on how long if it was to your neighbors or a quick run back to the store then yea, but what exactly do you mean? Where are you going hun??
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have a recipe for sausage that has to cook for 6 hours... I am not going to sit for 6 hours smelling the odd smell of cooking sausage, of course I am going to go out.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• im leaving for like an hour for an appointment, but it cooks for 1 hr 1/2. i just dotn want the house to burn down lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanksgiving day I always leave my turkey to run to the store or what not...
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 12:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• don't in case of something stopping you from getting home on time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yes. My oven has a timer feature and will shut itself off at the end of the cooking time if I don't get home.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• That's a good point What if you pulled over or in an accident or something that kept you from getting homes unless your lucky enough to have an oven that shuts off at the end of the timer.
    Now I will be thinking twice about leaving food in the oven!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I never do it....for all of the above reasons.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would have to say that I never do it but I do have the option on mine to end cooking at a certain time. If you had that you might try it. Also what if something happens and you do not make it home. So it will be burnt to a crisp? I know this is not the outcome that you would like to happen but it will take more than burning something for your house to catch on fire. I think tha biggest reason why I do not is because my Mom always said not to. I have no problem leaving the crock put going and that almost seems more dangerous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009