Have you or know anyone that has been devastated from the floodwaters in Georgia?

A coworker's daughter had 6 feet of water in her home. They evacuated the home with only the clothes on their backs. Everything in the house has been destroyed. The coworker and myself are starting up a clothing and food drive for the victims. We went through hurricane Katrina and know what it is like to have nothing and feel helpless. It's the crappiest feeling in the world knowing everything you have worked for is gone in a flash. I remember that feeling and would like to help anyone who needs it, since shit, you can't rely on FEMA. If you or know anyone who has been effected by this, please let me know, and I will do anything in my powers. A disaster team with our company is going to GA in 2 weeks to assist homeowners with their claims and make sure they don't get screwed by the insurance company.

momtotrips

Asked by momtotrips at 12:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Guess not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• no i don't but i was involved in Katrina wind damage from that one but Rita took my house out destroyed it I lost everything and still have had a hard time getting back onto my feet so I feel sorry for anyone who has had problems like this
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 1:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I was sad to hear the story how the water flash little 2 year out of fathers hand ....Sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• oh yeah that was so sad!!!
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 2:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I am in metro atlanta part of ga and it is a mess but starting to clear up now. lots of ppl have lost their homes. it will take a while for things to get back to normal. red cross is here helping. thanks for concern and help, OP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009