Have you noticed children care personnel wearing long nails?

Why would a teacher working with small children have long nails?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I've worked in childcare for 5 years and I second what the previous poster said, NOT to mention do you know how many times a day we HAVE to wash our hands? Before we feed, after we feed, after changing every diaper, before changing every diaper (when you have 4-8 kids to change). That is required from us through DHS and the health department. When you are in your own home you don't have to wash your hands HALF as much as we do, just for the simple fact it is a rare occurence when someone has 4 kids under 1, or 8 kids under 2.
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 12:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• maybe they are just used to them and can do everything with them....y wouldnt they? I know they can have germs under them but cant see any other reason they couldnt have nails.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I dont see how it is any different from a mother with long nails. Having long nails doesnt mean you cant take care of a child. Child care workers have as much right to look and feel good about themselves as any one else.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The better to scratch them with
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I started wearing long nails because they looked good and didn't interfer with how I could do things. The kids still got taken care of the same way as if I had left my nails bitten down to nothing. So I can see reasons to have long nails.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009