Christmas gift ideas (to make)

Please NO food/gift baskets/picture frames/fleece item ideas. I like to give (and recieve) unique items things that can't be found or bought at walmart/target. Also I do not sew or knit. Thanks

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Well, if you have a friend or family member with children, you can make a coupon book. 1 for a free night of baby-sitting, 1 coupon to help their child with a homework project, 1 fully prepared meal delivered to their house, one day of house cleaning.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Last year my mom gave out gag gifts. One was a pair of slippers made out of pads. One pad was the "sole" and another pad wrapped around it right at the toes for the strap. Then she hot-glued a red bow on the top. She also used a hot glue gun to glue the 2 pads together. The sticky part thats suppose to go on panties needs to go on the bottom, so they can use them to "mop" their floors. lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Ok no gag gifts I know I wouldn't appreciate them
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Do you have any big baby food jars? Like stage 3? Or make this gift bigger and use maybe a Mason jar, but buy some black, red, and white felt and make a santa face and hot glue it to the jar and then use the top of it and use the red felt and a white fuzzy craft ball at the end and make a santa hate and hot glue that to the top and put candies in the jar. It'll be a little Santa candy jar.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• wire beaded angels...all you need is jewelry wire, snips and beads...bend the wire into the shape of the wings and the body...i did them once--turned out cute

hmm---can make spoon rest w/paint it yourself ceramics from the craft store...

Maybe if you were more crafty or easy to please you would be better off... :)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 12:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• bumlblebeestingu I am VERY crafty I just don't like things that look/seem so impersonal get off your high horse
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009