Castor Oil....

What do you do after you've tried castor oil and it doesn't work? I always thought that this was a last resort for inducing labor and now it has failed! I've tried sex, walking, acupressure, message. I REALLY don't want to hear the 'she's just not ready' answer (even though I know deep down inside that it is probably the right one). How can I keep from being miserable?

mommie_2boys

Asked by mommie_2boys at 12:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh, the castor oil was not a good choice at all, so please don't do it again. It can cause the baby to have a BM in the womb and in birth the baby can breath in the mecomium. It can cause breathing problems for the little one. As far as anything you can try to be comfortable, I don't know what to tell you. This is an uncomfortable time. You are almost there. Accupressure and Massgage can take away some of the pressure and stress on your body and walking can help alleviate any tenseness you feel in your hips. Just relax as much as possible, this will be the only chance you have for a long while! CONGRATS!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I agree that you really can't force the issue with out doctor assistance. Both of my two were evicted a week late. It was hard, I was huge and bloated like a beached whale, Nothing fit and i wasn't buying anything new, and the heart burn ouch. I would sleep as much as I could, you will not being doing that for a long time. And just let go, the sooner you are able to do this the better. This will help you when your little one comes, he or she will have her own idea of what needs to happen and when. Try to go with the flow. Congrats, he or she will be here before you no it.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Take a warm bath. That usually relaxes me. I wish I had a whirlpool sometimes that's so nice. Mostly just relax and try not to be stressed. Drink plenty of water and take it easy.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• **Let's look at what is making you miserable.**

The castor oil like everything else doesn't work if baby is not ready, you said this yourself. So no need to make things worse by exhausting yourself physically and emotionally. You're getting frustrated~ not good for someone who needs to be strong right now. You need to stay confident!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009