Hashbrown Casserole...

Anyone have a good recipe for this, I am wanting to make a really good comfort food, hubby is dealing with a load at work and thought this sounded yummy...

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• 32 oz. bag frozen hash browns (diced, not grated)
    1 pt. sour cream
    8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1/2 c. margarine or butter
    1/2 c. finely chopped onion
    1 c. crushed potato chips, optional
    Saute onion in butter. Combine all ingredients, using 2/3 of the cheese. Spread in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Combine remaining cheese and potato chips and sprinkle over top. Bake at 375 for one hour.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• cooks.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I use all the same ingredients as above except I cook it all in a jumbo frying pan over the stove top.
    It's also good if you add chunks of ham or smoked sausage.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I do about the same as the above recipe but instead of cream of chicken I use a can of cream of celery and a can of Cambell's cheddar (if I do not have a block of cheese). I usually have cans of those in the pantry all of the time. I love ham in it. I use wither grated or diced although I prefer the grated. Oh and usually I do it in the slow cooker all day long. Well that is a lot of variations but I really do not think that you can mess up with them. They are delicious not matter what you put or do not put in it. They are a gerat comfort food and I hope that it helps your hubby with his rough days, I know my husband loved potatoes and they are not apart of our regular diet but every so often they really make his day.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009