shes angry my child can walk

i have a relative that also has a 11month old. i can tell that she is angry that my baby has been walking for 2 months and hers is just now standing up. if my daughter does something like blows a kiss, she tries to make her son do it and get frusterated when he cant. i can tell she is just really jeasous when we come over that mine is running around and hers isnt. my son didnt walk till he was 13 months she just doesnt get it! should i not bring my baby over? thats kinda hard cause she lives with other family members too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't let her bother you. She probly wants her kid to be the best and first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• no you should not stop bringin your child over personally it think se needs to get over herself and really understand that babies do everything when they are ready not when you want them to
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• kids who have older siblings tend to do things sooner because they mimick. I woud'nt worry about it, She needs to understand that every child is different and will develop when they are ready at their own pace. No two children are alike and she will eventually get that until then Just continue to be proud of your little one and try not to let her attitude bother you.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would just explain to her that babies all do things at different speeds. My middle son was 18 months before he walked. No two babies are the same :O)
    itsnotaboutm765

Answer by itsnotaboutm765 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Next time someone comments on your child or she gets frustrated, remind everyone that each child will grow and learn at his or her own pace. There is not much else you can do this is her issue.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• wow she needs to take a chill pill, I'd tell her you love her and love spending time with her but she's soooo damn competitive and kids learn at their own pace, she needs to just enjoy spending time together and letting the babies be around each other.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• yeah, i just hate feeling like, o crap, when my baby doesnt something new around her instead of proud and happy! its not my fault! maybe if she spent any time with her son and fed him healthy things and not sugar all day he would be a happier boy...i would never say that, but the only time she is a parent is when i walk in the door, then is mad when her son cant do things shes never taught him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would not worry about it. let her be childish about it. personally i would ignore her and praise her child when he/she does something good for her age. that way the other child at least gets praise from someone.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 1:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I guess I wouldn't worry about it. She like most parents probably feels like something might be wrong with her child if her kid can't do the same things at the same age. If you want to make her "feel better" you could from time to time point out things that her child can do that yours can't yet.
    I have a friend who's baby is 2 months older than hers and as far as crawling at walking my son did things months before her daughter who was older which made her worry... but I kept reminding her that her daughter was within the "normals" still and to give it time.. each child does their own thing on their own time... and then I would point out things like her daughter waving bye bye and my son couldn't and that she could clap and my son couldn't or whatever. After awhile she stopped stressing over it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Wow. I would tell her to stop rushing her babys development and just enjoy the days that he is not running everywhere. One day she will wish she didn't always want him to be doing the next thing and the next instead of just enjoying her baby.Mothers who do that to a baby will do that to children and then teens and nobody enjoys a nagging pushy mother. Tell her that maybe so she can chill out. Unless her baby is seroiusly developmentally lagging in some area, she needs to realize that its HER baby, and HER baby is different from every other baby.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009