2 week old wont stop crying

i feed her change her burp her hold her everything i can possibly think of car rides walks anyhting and cant seem to make her stop crying could there be something wrong with her should i take her to see a doctor

mom2kaydence09

Asked by mom2kaydence09 at 12:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be colic, I'd def. get an appoitment with her peditrician.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• you could ask a doctor, she may be cholic. my neice was like this for quite a few months. some babies just...cry i swear they like the sound of their own voices. im sorry shes like this i hope it gets better quick!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• thats what i was afriad of is there anything i can do to help lessen this until i can get her into see a doctor
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• YES! Have you read Happiest Baby on the Block? I have three children and my last was the only one who did this so I had no clue until she came long ;)
    Swaddle your lil one even if it seems that she doesn't like it. Hold her gently on her side and sorta jiggle/rock... not hard but like you would in the womb just moving about in fluid ya know? Than "shush" her very loudly. Apparently the sounds they hear in the womb are as loud as a vacuum (surprisingly why so many love the sound of the vacuum!) and try a pacifier if you are comfortable giving her one yet. These things combined can totally help baby to stop crying
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 1:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My bff told me (though I haven't read it yet in the book- I watched the DVD and am getting into the book just now) that if you turn your radio to static and turn that up it works- I have tried it a few times with my lil girl and it worked for her too.

Gripe water also works wonders :)
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 1:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Have you tried a bouncy? Swing? My LO loves them especially when he's fussy and nothing else seems to sooth him.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• And a moby wrap to keep baby close and still have hands free... okay that's all I got lol- hope some thing helps!
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 1:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• thanx everybody im goin to try all of these and hopefully find something to soothe her
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• check out:

Happiest Baby ~interview

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My son had colic - his started at 4 days old til 5 months but I've heard sometimes it can start at 2 or 3 weeks. You might want to bring her in to rule out reflux, ear infections or anything else but if it is colic, there isn't a lot you can actually do - try gripe water, culturelle for stomache pains gas drops.. nothing worked for my son unfortunately oh.. static on the radio worked. but we ended up taking him to a chiropractor who specialized in babies - that helped a bit - he was just a tough tough baby though. You can email me anytime for support cause I KNOW you need it. Also, you will need to ask for help if you can from people you trust! My mom was my son's savior -my husband didn't help at all because he lacked the patience so it made us fight more... its so hard.. good luck mommy and hugs to you if it is colic -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009