I cant believe the bashing other moms and adults put teen mothers through...does anyone else think this is wrong?(im talking about the bashing)

Teen mothers go through so much as it is already school,relationship problems,their parents!,taking care of the baby,and finding money to help support them and then they have all of these un-understanding jerks putting them down left and right when their trying to make the best out of their mistakes
everyone screws up some people just pay the bigger price and its really disgusting seeing people put down a 16 or 17 year old girl for trying to cope with what life or the mistakes she's made has dished out for her... and to top it off teen moms are sooo under estimated! i got pregnant at 17 and i still graduated, i got pregnant by the man i planed on marrying and love very deeply and now we share our own wonderful lifes out on our own together making by GREAT for a young married couple and we couldnt be happier! hell im even still in college and i cant wait to meet my baby! just because im younger doesnt make me any less of a mom!

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I try everything thats in my power to ignore drama. There are always going to be haters. Stay strong and know that not all people are this way.
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 1:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• you just have to ignore them. I know its hard,but once you get the hang of it..its really easy. I'm a "teen mother" (I'm 19) but I'm married, have a job and I am a full time student. As long as your okay with yourself and being a teen mom, then you shouldn't give a s*** what others think.I'm sorry that people are treating you this way.I can't stand women,or just people in general,that judge others without getting to know them. Just think about it though. Your online, you'll never meet these women, and if you do, then what?!
    Sorry. be strong
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• lovin im in your same boat im 18 and i graduated im married we have our own place we're happy and im in college but no matter what i do when someone hears that im 18 "oh my god thats horrible!!!" it really ticks me off and just awhile ago i saw a sixteen year old girl getting her head chewed off for asking what kind of job she might be able to get to help support her and her baby while going to school i mean its rediculous how judgemental and mean people can get no matter how bad or good off you are! just gah! the nerve of some people lol thanks thouh for your guyses support :-) nice to see another mommy in my same exact boat!
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It is very hard to be a mother and nobody can describe the work that it is. I think that many women who know what being a mother is like is more saddened that someone so young would jump into such a hard work filled life. Some do okay, others don't. My niece is 17 and pregnant with a baby, the dad is a hs dropout and together, they really make nothing. My niece is very immature and just has found out what it is like to buy groceries... I a FULL of worry for her, she has no idea what the diaper cost will be, the other things involved cost wise is insane. Do I think that she screwed up?? HELL YES! She may be okay, but she has got to grow up now and I think that looking back, she will love her child, but will have wished that she had more work experience and a better job. I think that bashing is bad, but the truth is hard and painful my dear...
    jalex

Answer by jalex at 1:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• armymum1013
    =)
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You know in my town teen moms are the norm. Today a group of 22-23 year old moms of 7 year olds were making fun of me for being an "old" mom. Happens all the time around here. All of my sons friends moms are 22-24. So I don't get invited to play groups they do come pick him up to play they just don't want a 37 year old there I guess I have cooties. People in all age groups can be mean. You have to learn to not care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• thats messed up to anon im sorry to hear that! :-/ thats not right either! im suprised though lol the only friends i have are my parents. my mom in law and a couple of my hubbys work buddies who are about your age btw your not old just older than they are thats all... so who ever told you your old then they're silly :-]
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• While I don't think getting pregnant as a teen is a GOOD idea. I think it's a little hypocritical of anyone who had sex in their teens to bash those who got pregnant. It could have been anyone. Condoms break and birth control fails. Anyone who is having sex can get pregnant.

So yes, I think the bashing is wrong.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• When I was 17 I had my 1st and lived in a uppity suburb where women didn't have babies until their 40's. To top off that fact that I lived with my drunk mom and had a looser pothead for the babies dad. I had to deal with everything on my own and when I was 19 my daughter stopped talking and had to take her to specialist after specialist. I would be so stressed out that I would drop her off at a crisis nursery for 72 hours...Guess what my mom was so drunk she didn't even know the baby was gone neither did the stoned father.
    she went to kindergarden and i was looked down on because all the moms were in their 40's and a few in their 50's. The whole time my daughter was at that school i was looked down on for being so young and often asked if I was just the nanny.
    I hate people and their harsh opinions without having an open mind enough to learn some facts.Heck there's better teen mom then there are older moms!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Heck there's better teen mom then there are older moms!!!

Now you are no better than those who judged you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2009