What do you do?

Do you email or call your middle school teachers to see how your kid or kids are doing before, now or before their conferences are due? Or do you go by the "no news is good news" strategy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• We have Parent School so I go on and check grades regularly and if I see something wrong I contact right away, I figure why wait until it is a full blown problem.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• This isnt middle school Im sorry, this is elementary, but we have a daily Agenda that goes back and forth daily. She and I are constantly writing notes in it or emailing one another about things. She also calls once a week (usually Saturday or Sunday) to get an update before the beginning of the next week to see if there is anything she needs to be aware of, ect.

But when my xstepdd lived with me, she was in 8th and 9th grade and I stayed in touch with her teachers on a regular basis as well. I could log into the computer system to check grades, as well as email the teachers for updates on her behavior or let them know of any issues going on and vice versa. I always like to be more proactive than have to be reactive.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 2:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2009