When you're sick, does SO help out?

I started getting a cold yesterday and still have it. Plus, i started my period. yay. I feel like crap all over, no fever, but my body aches, im all stuffed up, plus cramps. So I asked hubby last night if he could take care of our daughter if she woke up. He flat out told me no. He does work two jobs and works nights at both. But tonight he only has one and doesnt have to be there until 630. So he could've taken a nap. I am a SAHM, but I think I should be able to get rest if I'm sick. And our daughter has been up since 4am and just went down for a nap about 30 min ago. I'm exhausted, but have too much to do to take a nap and he just woke up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• NO I DO IT ALL BY MYSELF
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• go ahead to sleep, she's his daughter too. If he wants something done, he can worry about it. I wouldn't even say anything to him I would just go in your room, get in your bed, and sleep. Don't worry about anything. Just relax. BTW he's a jerk and yes my hubby would do so for me.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• personally I think our so think being sahm is our job. They dont look at it as any kind of real job. I have found out its a real hard job. Got to find a way to talk to them about how hard it really is.
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 1:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• OP here. Hubby doesnt see this as a job. He doesnt understand at all. It annoys me to no end. Maybe it was because his mom was a SAHM? But i would think that would give him some respect for what we do. Drives me nuts. I rarely ask him to do this so I would think once in a while would be "allowed". There are times when I just want to say, the weekend is yours and go away. He's a great dad, just a bit selfish, and it would be nice to show him how hard it can be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I can understand he is working hard with 2 jobs, but when you're sick you're sick. Don't worry about the "to much to do" and let yourself take that nap. I do think you should be able to lean on your SO, but also see if there is anyone else who can help. If you have family in the area see if someone can come by to keep an eye on the kids so you can get some rest. Order out for dinner and use paper plates (unless you have a dishwasher). Call a friend and let yourself get better. Otherwise you will make yourself really sick. Don't be afraid to ask for help (my Mom and MIL have really helped me). Feel better and god luck
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 1:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• DH will do things, but only things I SPECIFICALLY ask him to do. and usually it has to be only one or two things at a time or he starts forgetting them. Like if I ask him to get up, get DS on the bus, start the coffee and pull meat out to defrost, he is going to forget one of those (thought not the put the child on the bus step). But if I just ask him to get up and get things going in the morning, he would throw the child on the bus and think he had done everything.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yep, when he's not working.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my husband does nothing, if he's sick, i take care of him, if i get sick, i take care of me and the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If you are not feeling well. Take a nap when your child is napping. Forget the house. If he doesn't understand, Tell him to fix his own dinner.

Answer by louise2 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i am sick too..stuffy and yesterday i started my period as well! ugh but anywho..just forget about the house..it'll all still be there tomorrow or when you're feeling better.if you dont rest you wont get better. but yeah my dh helps out somewhat..lol
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2009