Question for all of the Gothic Mamas.

How do I achieve perfect, pale, porcelain looking skin without looking dead? My boyfriend likes gothic girls. I love to play around and dress up even though I am certainly far from an everyday goth. What is your favorite base makeup? Any ideas for eyes and lips? I would like some tips on being able to do a day time look that won't necessarily have me pinned as a Goth and then some ideas for somethings I can do behind closed doors. Thanks for the suggestions! Oh, if you have pictures of your personal Gothic look that would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• ok, I was 19 when I used to do this. But it was not to look gothic.LOL. You get pancake makeup and a sponge and some water. The best kind was in a blue round container by Max Factor. It covered everything into porcelain perfection .
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• well when i was a teen i used to do this..but im a grown woman now,..LOL. but i dyed my hair black and i just naurally had pale skin..still do.very porcelain skin. i find if you try andchangethe color of your skin with makeup it looks horrible.also i find its weird that you want to look gothic but not be pinned as goth?? weird.and if your boyfrined likes goth girls and you arent one..then dont change! but anywho..black eyeliner and red lipstick is good. i used to wear black eyeshadow around my lids.mascara.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Well, he doesn't like an everyday Goth girl, maybe I should've been more clear. He likes it for dress up and playing around but he wouldn't want me to look like that everyday. Maybe the right combination is part pin-up/part Goth. Sort of like a dramatic pin-up. I don't mind playing around and dressing up to play different parts. For me it is fantasy and I like it. I have naturally pale skin, but I have some freckling and sundamage where I tried to tan in my youth. Thanks for your response, anyway. It's just all in fun, that's all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• yeah i understand now! lol but like i said just balck eyeliner, red lipstick, black eyeshadow etc. pin up hair is very pretty..even for just a normal day outting. learn to do pin up hair and such.and corsets are cute.i have a black corset and black lace"boy shorts" (the ones that show half of your butt)lol and my hubby loves that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Also black liquid eyeliner around eyes. My lips I would put a dark red and white coverup to give it a bluish purplish tinge and to make it last. I would use the lipstick that goes on clear and changes color according to your body temperature.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Go to www.dearbloodymary.com

go to the make-up section...the White Heat Setting Poweder works very well. I think you can get it from Hot Topic a few bucks cheaper though.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2009