is it normal for a child like 5 yrs old not to have a appetite in the morning?

i always have a hard time with her only in the morning, she doesn't want to eat any cereals, waffles,pancakes sometimes even eggs i try to give her a little bit of fruits but yes she will only drink her milk , i would like to know if any mom have this problem?....

smiley411

Asked by smiley411 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would like to know if any mom have this problem?....

That was our concern too! Our doctor said that as long as the child is taking his milk 1 cup every day it is OK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have never been able to eat breakfast... my stomach just is not able to handle anything solid for the first hour or so after i get up. I always drink a glass of milk or coffee. The milk should do her fine, my kids are not always hungry for breakfast either so i give them an adult glass of milk to get them through till lunch.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 1:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My nephew who will be 5 in January.....is exactly like that..

He is never hungry in the morning... My doctor said as long as he gets one good
    meal in daily...not to worry..

I too am the same way...I do not eat until I am up 2 to 3 hours and then...oh well
    I can not stop..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have never been a big breakfast eater. My 7 year old has never been either. Most days won't even drink water for breakfast. My 3 year old will eat 3 waffles.....every kid is different and it's totally normal not to want to eat breakfast. As long as she's eating other times she's good!
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009