Wedding Dresses

I am looking for a semi cheap wedding dress since my SO and I don't have a lot of money but are trying to do a some what larger wedding. I went to davids bridal and found a dress for 750 and then one for 300. My question is has any one ever gotten one of the dresses off of ebay that they customize it to your size.. I really like a couple of the dresses and for 200 dollars I can't see myself spending more on a dress.. Does anyone have any ideas or any information on it?

BellasMommy210

Asked by BellasMommy210 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Shopping

• Personally, I did not. If you go to some of the local "bridal shops" they will usually have a "last season" rack. Where you can get them very cheap. Then just pay a local seamstress to size it. That's what I did. The entire thing cost me $250.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Honestly I wouldnt buy a wedding gown off the internet. Davids bridal has a $99 sale every so often. When is your wedding maybe you can go in during one of the sales. I went in and my mom paid $1200 for my dress and veil. The dress itself was normally like $1500
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My wedding isn't until April but I figure the faster i jump on it the better plus getting the dress back from ordering it and alterations takes 1 to 16 weeks.. I found a dress on Davids Bridal but didn't try it on when I was in the store because my size is the popular size and they sell out of it fast so.. now i'm kind of stuck with either a dress I see I like or a dress i have tried on but feel so so about..
    BellasMommy210

Answer by BellasMommy210 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i have not used the ebay thang however..when i was getting married i went to davids bridal.found this beautiful gown for 300, wanted to get it decided to bring my mom back in adn see what she thought. long story shot i went home with a 1400 dress. (the dress maybe 300 but there are alot of extras,like the underbra is about 100, and the poofy crap to make the dress fuller is about 200) andways now im stuck with this all be it beautiful but very exspensive dress that im still paying for and i hate it. im trying to unload it. so just take your time. shop around.and remeber this si your day. make it the way you want it. even if it means getting a gown off the internet. **btw i dont see anything wrong with that , id just be a little curiouse about the fit and everything.some dresses run differently. i wear size 8/9 jeans and my wedding dress is a size 4....**
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Question? Does your dress have to be new? If not then maybe you might want to look on craigslist. I just helped a friend with her wedding. She was pretty much on a shoe string budget but trying to have a rather large wedding. I found her dress for $50. It is a princess looking dress w/ beautiful beadwork and a mind length train (approx. 3 ft.). I converted it to a corset (tie/lace back) by sewing on loops because she gained a little weight before the wedding and used material in her color to make the ties. It was $100 to get it dry cleaned and pressed and about $15 for the loops and ties. I also got her bridesmaid and flower girl dresses from craigslist and spent $50 for both of them. Hth. Happy dress shopping and congratulations!!
    smurfette

Answer by smurfette at 4:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2009