Feel like pulling my hair out! (venting) No bashing Please!

It seems like from the time i wake up all i'm doing is yelling at my kids and my husband and every day i feel like pulling my hair out. I've got 2 kids both still in diapers and i'm 5 months pregnant and i'm afraid all this stress is bad for the baby. Me and my husband are very young and sometimes it seems like he treats our 3 years old like a little sister instead of his daughter. Like if he is eating something and she wants a bit he gets mad and i'm like OMG feed her shes hungry. I'm so stressed lately and he isnt helping any all he wants to do is play video games all day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Being a mom is a tough, stressful job. If you have children so close together it is even more so. What you are feeling is to be expected. The World Health Organization recommends waiting 3 years before trying to get pregnant for the health of the mother and the baby. For yourself and your family consider taking a break from having babies.

You can learn to become an effective parent and stop the yelling. A great first book is Without Spanking or Spoiling by Elizabeth Crary. The book How to Talk So Kids Will Listen could help you communicate with your husband.

It's not fair that your husband isn't helping. However, if you are going to have babies you have to be prepared to take care of them. Once you take responsibility and stop resenting him you may feel your stress lift and he may actually become more helpful.

Being young is an advantage when you have several young children to care for.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 2:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• what is the question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• she said VENTING... anyways girl , hang in there tell him he needs to grow up & help you with the kids, he didn't protest getting you pregnant now did he? what a dick
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You are just asking for bashing.

Answer by louise2 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The only behavior you can control is your words and actions, not his.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You need to get time to yourself even if it's just 5 or 10 min. I know how much easier it is to get frustrated when pregnant. Don't ask him to keep an eye on the kids for a sec just go outside and leave him in there with them. Clear your head and go back when calm.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• birth control
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Sit down and talk to him. Things obviously need to change.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• quit having kids with a kid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Sweetie, I know how you feel. Seems all many people want to do anymore is play video games. Like heartfrommyson said...you need some time to yourself. And you also need to talk to your husband about what is going on. Is he holding down a job to support his growing family, or is he just playing games all day? I know some people play video games as a way to relax after work, but that definitely should not be a priority. If you see that things are not changing, it may be time to slow things down for a bit. As someone said, being young is an advantage when having children....but it can also be a disadvantage. Being young you have more energy, and probably patience to deal with children, but at the same time you may still be a child yourself (not speaking about, just in general). And childishness doesn't only apply to young people, you've got some pretty old kids out there too LOL :).
    TCamacho

Answer by TCamacho at 5:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009