Showers and an awake 21 month old.

What do you do to take a shower? I go work out at the Y a few times a week, my daugther always falls alsleep in the car, (teething and not sleeping well). So I let her sleep as long as she will in the car, I sit with her. Since she will not take another nap. So I reak, but what do I do with her while I shower, I can't lock her in the bathroom with me or in the shower. Other ideas? I thought of leaving her in the crib, but I think that would be mean.

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 1:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• You do what you have to do. If you have to put a baby gate up and put her in the bathroom with you with some toys while you shower, you do that. If you have to put her in her crib, you do that.

Can you shower at the Y? Ours has free babysitting and I just take my shower stuff with me and shower there before I pick up my son and head home.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My son would sit in a play toy or in a seat in he bathroom with me. I didn't like it, but my ex didn't do anything!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• put her in with you
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Or, you can stick her in the shower with you...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My son is almost 3. I leave him in his room watching TV and put the gate up at the end of the hallway. He can come into the bathroom or stay in his room!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• why can't you lock her in the bathroom with you? I am confused.... are you talking about what to do with her WHILE you workout at the Y And take a shower there? either way - at home I put my son in the bathroom with me and let him play with his blocks
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My DD goes in with me. Or I shut the door and leave the door cracked so I can see and hear her. All else fails really you could put a baby gate up at her bedroom door and put her in there. It should be fully baby proofed first. My DD does that for 30 min every day. It encourages independent play plus gives you a little while on your own.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I toddler proofed my daughter's bedroom and put a gate up. She usually just sits at the gate and plays a game of "I see you mama", but there is nothing in her room that she can seriously hurt herself with. She's 22 months old and pretty self sufficient.
    irockhardkorps

Answer by irockhardkorps at 2:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My son loved playing in his crib! When he was about that age, my DH was having to go to work at insane hours each morning. DS usually woke up before I got in the shower, but he was perfectly content to play in his crib with his stuffed animals. I don't think it's mean putting her in her crib for 10-15 minutes of quiet time while you hop in the shower real quick. Who knows, if you get her out of the car very gently, she may just go back to sleep as soon you lay her down in her crib, especially if she's exhausted.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Bring her in the shower with you or let her play on the bathroom floor.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2009