Did anyone go into labor naturally even if your doctor told you that you weren't dialated yet?

I'm 39 weeks and have been at 1cm for a while. I just had an appointment today and same story. I'm just curious how common it is to go into labor without having been dialated very far?

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first i was dialated to 2 for 4 weeks and then went into labor naturally at 40 weeks. With my second i was at 3 for 2 weeks before i went into labor also at 40 weeks..
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i wasnt dialated at all and went into labor an hour later i was 6 so they had to stop my labor bc i was having a c section
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I never had any vaginal exams prenatally, so I have no idea where I was/wasn't.

It is totally possible to go from 0 cm to 10 cm in a few hours
    or stay at 4 cm for a month or more.

What your cervix is doing tells you nothing about how/when you'll labor. Don't give it another thought! ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• With my first, I was at 1 cm from 36 or 37 weeks until my C-section at 39 weeks. With my second, I was at "maybe a 1" at my last appointment (39.5 weeks), nothing at all before then, and went into labor 3 days later.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009